Bullying Prevention Resources:
- BP-PBIS Staff Implementation Survey v1,1:
Staff BP-PBIS Implementation Survey: Adapted from National Center on PBIS' Bullying Prevention in PBIS for Elementary/Middle Schools, 2008.
Videos: *New* See our BP Videos page for more resources
Bullying Prevention References and Research:
- Technical Assistance Brief: Effective Bulling Prevention (BP) within a School-wide System of Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports (PBIS):
Illinois PBIS Network, Dec 2010. v1.2 Rev Aug 2012
- Sugai, G., & Horner, R. (2011). Reducing the effectiveness of bullying behavior in schools. OSEP Center on Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports website. Eugene, OR.
- Waasdorp, T., Bradshaw, C., & Leaf , P., (2012) The Impact of Schoolwide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports on Bullying and Peer Rejection: A Randomized Controlled Effectiveness Trial. Archive of Pediatric Adolescent Medicine. 2012;166(2):149-156
- Good, C., McIntosh, K., & Gietz, C. (2011). Integrating
bullying prevention into Schoolwide Positive Behavior Support. Teaching
Exceptional Children, 44(1), pp. 48-56.
- Beaty, L.A., & Alexeyev, E.B. (2008). The Problem of
School Bullies: What the Research Tells Us. Adolescence, 43(169),
- Espelage, D. L., & Swearer, S. M. (2003). Research on school bullying and victimization: What have we learned and where do we go from here?. School Psychology Review, 32, 365–383.
- VIDEO: "STOP." Roosevelt Middle School, Eugene, OR, 2011. Shared at the 2012 National Forum on PBIS, Rosemont, IL. 2 minutes. (File size: 19MB)
- IL PBIS Network Summer Leadership Conference, Session 49: Using the School-wide PBIS Framework to Reduce the Effectiveness of Bullying Behavior. Rosemont, IL, August 2, 2012. Brian C. Meyer, IL PBIS Network, Operations Director; Keith Kincaid, Sandburg Elementary, Principal; Lisa Boyd, Sandburg Elementary, Resource Teacher; Cindy Martsch, Sandburg Elementary, Internal Coach.
- Feb 16, 2012, Bullying Prevention Team Training with Rob Horner materials:
- VIDEO: IL PBIS Network Summer Leadership Conference, Session 24: Bullying Prevention in Positive Behavior Support. Rosemont, IL, August 10,2011. Rob Horner, University of Oregon, Co-Director National Center on PBIS. 1 Hour, 11 minutes.
- FORUM: Illinois PBIS Network Forum on Bullying Prevention; agenda and presentations. Normal, IL, May 11, 2011.
Dorothy Espelage, University of Illinois; Rob Horner, University of Oregon; and School Leaders.
Bullying Prevention Related Research:
- Ellis, B. J., Del Giudice, M., Dishion, T. J., Figueredo, A. J., Gray, P., Griskevicius, V., ... & Wilson, D. S. (2012). The evolutionary basis of risky adolescent behavior: Implications for science, policy, and practice. Developmental Psychology, 48(3), 598-623.